Re: Wayland by default on F25? Blockers?

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 03:07:19PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Is "feature parity with X11" the intended measure of readiness here?
> I thought there were specific X11 features that are intentionally not
> going to be duplicated in Wayland, which would make that a false bar
> to try to reach.

We've been kind of selling it as "it's ready when most people won't
notice". But I think we should nail down a precise bar. (Hmmm. Mixed
metaphor.)

> We do have this existing feature page:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/WaylandByDefault

Yeah — and that's a really great, useful thing. I'd _really_ love if
there were a "good enough!" criterion listed for each feature, agreed
on formally by the WG.

[...]
>    "Use the desktop normally, and verify that there are no obvious
>    instabilities, or Wayland-specific bugs or performance problems"
> "No Wayland-specific bugs" also doesn't appear to jibe with the desire

Maybe "No Wayland-specific bugs which would qualify as blockers on
their own", or something?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>