Re: Wayland by default on F25? Blockers?

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 05:51:02PM +0200, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> conversation with Kamil Paral today:
> Wayland has not been proposed as a change for Fedora 25 and no one
> outside the workstation group knows it's still a plan unless they
> follow our mailing list closely.
> Fedora QA doesn't test Wayland, Wayland test cases are not part of test
> matrices and so forth.
> Now for the rest of the Fedora Project we're going with X11 for F25 and
> Wayland is still just the experimental thingy. To make it default it
> needs to go through thorough testing by the QA team and it needs to be
> part of test matrices.

We really _do_ need to go through the proper process here. Please
remember, Fedora is a huge project with hundreds of active
contributors, and this isn't just mere bureaucracy. We require the
coordination in order to continue to produce the reoccuring miracle
that is a functioning Fedora release.

I'm excited as anyone for the new features and improvements Wayland
brings to the table, but let's do it right.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>