Re: Consider tuned-gui as an important element for "advanced" users on the Fedora Workstation

It seems a nonsense justification,
What about all those Desktop and Laptops that do not have a light
sensor? I think most users lose options for innovation, which is good
and useful, but at least maintain basic options until most of the
hardware count on these benefits.

> > I fully understand that this is not possible right now, but it could be
> > a very sensible addition.
> > > It was a work-around. I think you've been misled thinking that this was
> > > only
> > > a GNOME thing. GNOME, systemd, and kernel developers all agreed on making
> > > closing the lid suspend the laptop.
> > Every other DE did not have this (non)-issue, only Gnome 3.
>
> That's nice they make cooking laptops in backpacks a low priority. At least
> it's still on IRC!

This seems to me an insult ... Do you mean that users and development
teams of other desktop environments and platforms are wrong? It sounds
like great pride ...