Re: High contrast icons blocking Fedora releases - do we really want to?

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Elad Alfassa <elad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd say that if we want to make the installation process itself accessible,
> we need to have an option to turn on accessibility features directly from
> fedora-welcome some how, but this needs some careful design work.

I agree with this. Perhaps the installer UI should be, I'm not sure of
a proper term, but "passably accessible" from the start, with a
straightforward way to enable an enhanced accessibility mode that
passes through to the installation.

> For Fedora 21 I don't see a real reason to put these bugs as blockers. To
> see a high contrast icon you'd need to first find the accesibility settings
> panel and click on the right switch, which is probably not easy for people
> who need high contrast. Once we figure out a way to easily enable high
> contrast before installation, then it will be critical to have a proper
> icon. As for setroubleshoot, it's not critical during installation so it can
> always be updated later.

Seems reasonable. So some additional granularity in the requirements
is needed, to carve out what things will/won't block.

--
Chris Murphy