Re: Gwibber by default?

On 04/06/2010 10:39 PM, Luke Macken wrote:

> What proprietary software does the current backend rely on?  Seems like
> it only relies on CouchDB/desktopcouch.

What is the use of the current backend by itself?   Canonical's focus is
the tie into Ubuntu One, where the server side is proprietary.  While,
nothing is stopping integration of Fedora with Ubuntu One,   I don't
think that is the route we want to go.   The alternative is to develop a
fully free software server side software that works with CouchDB and
host it within Fedora infrastructure.  Are we going to do that?

Rahul