Re: Gwibber by default?

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 10:04:04AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 06:48:34AM -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:

> > > Thanks.  I have forwarded this feedback to the upstream developer of
> > > Pino and will file tickets if required.  Meanwhile I have become
> > > co-maintainer of Pino in Fedora and will push forward updates as
> > > necessary.   Any  further comments from others on including Pino by
> > > default?
> >
> > Does Pino plan to add other social media sites like Facebook?  That's
> > one reason that I use Gwibber...  Other than the UI issues I don't see
> > any reason not to include Pino by default, although if we have to
> > downsize the Live media back to CD size I wouldn't worry about keeping
> > Pino.
>
> My sentiments too, more or less.  I'm disappointed that
> Status.net/identi.ca isn't supported out of the box by Pino, which
> weakens my support somewhat.

Yeah, the lack of identi.ca & facebook support weakens my support as
well.

I think instead of trying to replace Gwibber, we should take a good hard
look at their (Ubuntu's) desktop-couch vision, and really see if it is
something we want to leverage (as they are putting a lot of resources
into it).  If not, we should patch this requirement out of Gwibber,
because afaik, it isn't using the couchdb for anything at the moment.

luke