Re: Windows Interop

On Jan 13, 2007, at 1:18 AM, Howard Chu wrote:

My specific motivation is to provide an auth method that supports Kerberos in the Java client. I would still get that, but it's looking like I don't get as much beyond that as I hoped for.

Why doesn't that already work? Sorry if I missed something obvious, but doesn't Java's GSS already give you Kerberos support using the native Windows ticket cache?

I'm being unclear in my ramblings. *I* am only interested in Java. However I would expect that PostgreSQL would want a Krb5 replacement that was also supportable natively on Windows if possible.
Henry.B.Hotz@xxxxxxxxxxxx, or hbhotz@xxxxxxx