Re: Windows Interop

On Jan 11, 2007, at 2:03 PM, Kai Blin wrote:

On Thursday 11 January 2007 19:42, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
Windows does have a SASL API.  It's layered on top of the SSPI, and
msdn documents the calls themselves.  I would assume that they work,
at least for email clients.

Are there any apps out there that use this at all? As far as I can tell, SSPI itself is only used by a handful of applications. The SASL api seems to be
quite new, and used on server platforms only.

No fair, I was asking you that!! ;-)

Can you even tell from the doc's if it's a client or server API? As to the SSPI, I thought that IE/IIS use it.

Anybody got any information or examples or pointers at all on using
the Windows API?  I don't find anything google'ing for the routine
names, except people as confused as we are.

If you can point me at a Windows app using this, I'll look at implementing
this API in Wine. I'll be able to tell you a lot about it afterwards.

Cheers,
Kai

Have you seen any email apps that use the API? That's the use I would expect.

-----

BTW, the API I'm talking about is at <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en- us/library/aa374731.aspx#sasl_functions>.
Henry.B.Hotz@xxxxxxxxxxxx, or hbhotz@xxxxxxx