Re: Windows Interop

On Jan 13, 2007, at 2:05 AM, Howard Chu wrote:

Sifting back thru this thread...

Henry B. Hotz wrote:
Windows does have a SASL API. It's layered on top of the SSPI, and msdn documents the calls themselves. I would assume that they work, at least for email clients.

My copy of the Platform SDK (2003 SP1 edition) says these functions are only available on Windows Server 2000 and Server 2003. Doesn't seem worthwhile to spend much time on it with such limited applicability.

Combined with what Kai Blin said, that sounds pretty definitive. Thanks for the info.

Henry.B.Hotz@xxxxxxxxxxxx, or hbhotz@xxxxxxx