Re: RAID1 + LoopAES concurrent access

Melkor Lord wrote:
> The only thing I can think of is the way disks are connected. The
> SiliconImage SI3512 chip is on a PCI card having 2 SATA connectors. As the
> RAID configuration is done at kernel level, a single write on /dev/md0 is
> sent twice over the wire to reach both disks (RAID1 with 2 disks).

Sorry for late answer.

Do you see any error messages in kernel logs after you experience bad
interactivity? You can display them using 'dmesg' command.

Silicon Image SATA controllers aren't the most reliable on the planet. BSD
folks seem to be unhappy with them:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2005-January/045923.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2006-February/111688.html

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-