Re: RAID1 + LoopAES concurrent access

* Melkor Lord <melkor.lord@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The box is not high end hardware but enough to sustain the load
> (AMD Sempron 3100+, 1GB RAM).

I'm on a Sempron system as well, using full encryption (root +
external discs).

That being said, your box behaves strangely. I guess it cannot be
attributed to loop-AES or dm-crypt at all.

I experienced a similar sort of timeout whilst using the main HD and
an optical drive on the same IDE controller channel (master+slave
both present). Unfortunately I cannot tell you which hardware I
exactly used, it was a PATA only system. And the strange delays went
away when I switched to one drive per IDE channel.

That being said for the record, your problem seems to be of a
trickier sort. Did you test all this with an unencrypted system?

I've been using fully encrypted systems for quite some time now for
quite some setups and your report really is news to me.

--
left blank, right bald