Re: RAID1 + LoopAES concurrent access

On 12/23/07 9:44 AM, "Jari Ruusu" <jariruusu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Melkor Lord wrote:
>> The only thing I can think of is the way disks are connected. The
>> SiliconImage SI3512 chip is on a PCI card having 2 SATA connectors. As the
>> RAID configuration is done at kernel level, a single write on /dev/md0 is
>> sent twice over the wire to reach both disks (RAID1 with 2 disks).
>
> Sorry for late answer.
>
> Do you see any error messages in kernel logs after you experience bad
> interactivity? You can display them using 'dmesg' command.
>
> Silicon Image SATA controllers aren't the most reliable on the planet. BSD
> folks seem to be unhappy with them:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2005-January/045923.html
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2006-February/111688.html

As are some of us with Macs as well!
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=378576

--

Very Respectfully,

IT2 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR
Las Vegas, NV / Beverly Hills, CA / Philadelphia, PA / Washington, DC
Amateur Radio Call Sign: N3GWG (Extra) / Marine Radio Operator Permit (MROP)
email: teners@xxxxxxxxxxx (also carbon copies to my Blackberry)
phone: +(1) 310.358.0202 (Beverly Hills, CA, forwards to mobile phone)
phone: +(1) 215.338.6005 (Philadelphia, PA, voice mail only)
phone: +(1) 702.988.3989 (Las Vegas, NV, voice mail only)
E-Fax: +(1) 915.773.0935 (Telecopier, fax to email gateway)

Military emails (checked monthly until remote NMCI access is secured)
NIPRNET: stuart.tener@xxxxxxxx / tenerstu@xxxxxxx
SIPRNET: NONE
TS/SCI:  tenerstu@xxxxxxxxxx (GWAN)

and/or privileged information, though strictly at the UNCLASSIFIED level.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
e-mail and destroy all copies of the originate message.

-