Re: initramfs and loop-aes

"Jan Klod" <janklodvan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When booting from USB flashdrive, kernel boots ok until this:
>
> RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
> Replacing swsusp.
> No storage allocator is currently active. Rechecking weather we can use
> one.
>
> Compression Driver: Argh! Nothing follows me in the pipeline!
> Compressor didn't initialise okay.
> Suspend2: Initialise modules failed!
> VFS: Mounted root (minix filesystem) readonly.
> Mounting /dev/sdc as /lib failed
> md: stopping all md devices.

Looks you are starting from removable USB drive. Good idea! I am not familiar with loop-aes in connection with software suspend/hibernate but as you fail to reach the point where the pass phrase is asked I come to remember difficulties I had...
Could you verify that your two sata drives are assigned as /dev/sda and sdb? How about the USB drive? The usb part of the kernel posts plenty of messages even *before* a partition is mounted. Since your setup fails to mount /dev/sdc it might be a timing problem. I am uncertain but I suggest you increase the delay for usb devices in the built-intrd.sh and make up a new initial ramdisk

INITIALDELAY=0 -> 3 to 10

This aims to mount /dev/sdc as /lib so that the passphrase will be asked. Delay of USB devices is hardware specific and needs some tweaks. Kernel should post messages about manufacturer/capacity of the medium *before* it gets mounted.
Give it a try! It may also be an issue of this software suspend which I am not familiar with. But anyway, you have to make the kernel mount this USB drive.

Best regards,
Peter

-