Help booting a gpg encrypted loop-aes backed root partition

Hi

I have been trying to boot my loop-aes backed gpg encrypted root partition
with no success. I know the partition is alright as I can mount it using a
rescue cd such as knoppix or from my unencrypted temporary root. I have
followed the README file in loop-AES directory step by step but no avail.

When the system boots, it just sits after uncompressing the initrd image.
There is no error message printed and no password prompt. It sits there
forever. The last message it prints is something of the sort

compressed ram image found at 0. Mounting root fs minixfs filesystem

or something similar but it never goes any further.

I am using a custom compiled kernel (2.6.22.1) with the following relevant
config options:

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=4096
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y
CONFIG_MINIX_FS=y
CONFIG_PROC_FS=y
USEDIETLIBC=1
# CONFIG_CRAMFS is not set
CONFIG_EXT2_FS=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS=y

Note the system detects the hds correctly as the chipset drivers are
compiled in and I can see them being detected on boot.

I am using loop-AES-3.2a and the actual loop device is fine - i.e. make
tests is ok.

The contents of my build-inittrd.sh file are as follows:

USEDEVFS=0
USEPIVOT=1
BOOTDEV=/dev/hda1
BOOTTYPE=ext2
CRYPTROOT=/dev/hda2
ROOTTYPE=ext3
LOINIT="-I 0"
USEGPGKEY=1
GPGKEYFILE=rootkey.gpg
EXTERNALGPGFILES=0
USEMODULE=1
INITRDONLY=0
ROOTLOOPINDEX=5
TEMPLOOPINDEX=7
DESTINATIONPREFIX=/boot

I don't know if it is relevant but it is running on a heavily modified
ubuntu 7.04.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jivko