Re: Loop-AES and Twofish on 64-bit CPU

* Peter_22@xxxxxx wrote:

> Blow- and Twofish are the only alternatives to AES. I?d like to use
> two loops on one partition and use at least two ciphers to gain
> better security.

Regarding better security, I've just found out about an interesting
event: Quo Vadis 4 Conference, Friday 26 May 2006, Warsaw, Poland

It's interesting because of this:

http://www.cryptosystem.net/aes/

"Nicolas T. Courtois has announced that he will make a public
demonstration of an algebraic attack that breaks a toy block cipher
with about 200 S-boxes (nearly as many as in AES), by solving a
system of algebraic equations derived from very few (only 4)
plaintexts, ciphertext pairs. The cipher has good diffusion, no
special structure that could make it weak, and no known weakness (and
probably no weakness whatsoever) other than the low I/O degree of its
S-boxes."

--
left blank, right bald