Re: Loop-AES and Twofish on 64-bit CPU

[...]
> Betreff: Re: Loop-AES and Twofish on 64-bit CPU
> Joachim Fritschi posted partially assembler implementation of twofish for
> AMD64 to linux-kernel mailing list today. I haven't looked at it yet.

Can this code be integrated in the next Loop-AES cipher package? I´d also
volunteer for a pre-test.

> For blowfish... my advise is to not use blowfish to encrypt large amounts
> of
> data. It has 64 bit block size, and it is present in loop-AES' additional
> ciphers package mostly for compatibility with some old implementations.

Blow- and Twofish are the only alternatives to AES. I´d like to use two
loops on one partition and use at least two ciphers to gain better security.
Size of devices in my case is 200GB (my complete old WD drive) and large
portions of the newer 320GB drive. With perpendicular recording drive space
will increase considerably in the next months. Do you see a limit where AES
or other ciphers can no longer cope with that?
With a passthru kernel patch
(http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/old/) I
managed to turn on and off my old 200GB serial ata drive. The command is
"hdparm -y /dev/sdb". This way you easily get more encrypted storage without
mounting dozens of dvd images and all that crap.
Anyway, 64bit implementations of any cipher are always welcome.

Regards,
Peter

--
Analog-/ISDN-Nutzer sparen mit GMX SmartSurfer bis zu 70%!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer

-