Re: Loop-AES and Twofish on 64-bit CPU

Peter_22@xxxxxx wrote:
> Since Loop-AES features a patch for amd64 cpus when using AES cipher it runs
> faster creating less load. So everyone will use AES. Twofish and Blowfish
> ciphers are considerably slower. But, is there a patch for Twohfish /
> Blowfish to make them work faster on amd64??
> I´d like to use both ciphers for the same partition, unfortunately both are
> much slower than AES. Will this be the same forever?

Joachim Fritschi posted partially assembler implementation of twofish for
AMD64 to linux-kernel mailing list today. I haven't looked at it yet.

For blowfish... my advise is to not use blowfish to encrypt large amounts of
data. It has 64 bit block size, and it is present in loop-AES' additional
ciphers package mostly for compatibility with some old implementations.

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-