Re: Loop-AES and Twofish on 64-bit CPU

On Mon, 29 May 2006, Gisle Sælensminde wrote:
(I'm Gisle, not Gisele)

Sorry for that.

case" is often a sign of lack of knowledge in cryptography. The cipher is probably the least likely part to be broken, and doubling it will double the CPU usage for little gain in security.

I can't argue with that, full ACK here.

Maybe not because the double encryption, but with _that_ advertisement I would know it was snake oil. ;-)

Did I mention that's available in "blue" and "shiny silver"? ;))

any other part of the system may have flaws. An important principle in the design of such systems, is to keep them as simple as possible, but not simpler. That makes them easier to evaluate.

Ah, now I understand what you were up to, thanks.

Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #435:

Internet shut down due to maintenance