Re: Loop-AES and Twofish on 64-bit CPU

* Peter_22@xxxxxx wrote:

> > > Blow- and Twofish are the only alternatives to AES. I?d like to use
> > > two loops on one partition and use at least two ciphers to gain
> > > better security.
> >
> > There's also serpent.
>
> Which is, to my knowledge, derived from AES.

They are similar, but serpent is more secure.

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/serpent.html

> I?d wonder if serpent is optimized for amd64 cpu.

Not natively; but maybe there's some fancy code snippet out there, I
don't know.

This year both Intel's and AMD's production of 32bit CPUs will run
out. They focus on the shiny 64bit production lines, so that means
better chances for code optimization. Eventually. ;-)

--
left blank, right bald