Re: /dev/loop3 No appropriate device found

hi,

sorry, didn't work. it didn't compile correctly:

> Your kernel appears to include O(1) scheduler, but for some reason does
> not
> export that set_user_nice() function to modules. Strange.
>
> Quick fix is to add such export statement to your kernel source, and then
> re-compile and install new kernel. You can add that export like this:
>
>     cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.18
>     echo 'EXPORT_SYMBOL(set_user_nice);' >>kernel/ksyms.c

this worked ...

> Then build + install new kernel normally. Something like this:
>
>     mv .config z
>     make distclean
>     mv z .config
>     make oldconfig

until here it worked ...

>     make dep && make clean && make bzlilo INSTALL_PATH=/boot

and here i get:

gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.4.18.SuSE/include -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
-fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2
-march=i586   -DKBUILD_BASENAME=ksyms  -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c ksyms.c
ksyms.c:609: `set_user_nice' undeclared here (not in a function)
ksyms.c:609: initializer element is not constant
ksyms.c:609: (near initialization for `__ksymtab_set_user_nice.value')
make[2]: *** [ksyms.o] Fehler 1
make[2]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses Verzeichnis
»/usr/src/linux-2.4.18.SuSE/kernel«
make[1]: *** [first_rule] Fehler 2
make[1]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses Verzeichnis
»/usr/src/linux-2.4.18.SuSE/kernel«
make: *** [_dir_kernel] Fehler 2

so as you can see. it is an old suse-distro (8.0). actually it worked on
it before. now i don't know, why it doesn't anymore ... . strange. before
i did have some updates on it, which are not downloadable anymore, since
they don't support this distro anymore.
i already thought about a newer distro, but my computer is really old and
new software packages are often not really handy for old computer ...

bernhard

-