Re: /dev/loop3 No appropriate device found

Bernhard Stoevesandt wrote:
> > What does "ls -l /lib/modules/*/block/loop*" command say?
>
> Nothing! There is no block subdirectory ...

So you didn't build loop-AES' loop.o module. Your mount attempt fails
because there is no loop driver available.

> Zhere is no loop-device. but why? i did patch the util-linux and ran
> through the instructions given in the README.

You skipped section 3 of README. Section number 3 refers to README file from
loop-AES-v3.1b, I don't remember if it was same number in v1.7 README.

> so i hope the disks will mount also on the new versions.

Your old partitions should mount ok with newer loop-AES version.

Securitywise, your setup is broken and exploitable. I recommend that you
re-encrypt those partitions using loop-AES version 3 on-disk format.

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-