Re: /dev/loop3 No appropriate device found

Hi,

Sometimes on a new installation the loop devices are not created.

Check this by running "ls /dev/loop*" - you should see some similar to

        elvandar:/dev# ls -l /dev/loop*
        brw-rw----  1 root disk 7, 0 Dec 22 04:55 /dev/loop0
        brw-rw----  1 root disk 7, 1 Dec 22 04:55 /dev/loop1
        brw-rw----  1 root disk 7, 2 Dec 22 04:55 /dev/loop2
        brw-rw----  1 root disk 7, 3 Dec 22 04:55 /dev/loop3
        brw-rw----  1 root disk 7, 4 Dec 22 04:55 /dev/loop4
        brw-rw----  1 root disk 7, 5 Dec 22 04:55 /dev/loop5
        brw-rw----  1 root disk 7, 6 Dec 22 04:55 /dev/loop6
        brw-rw----  1 root disk 7, 7 Dec 22 04:55 /dev/loop7

If the loop devices do not exist create them as follows (this should
work for most Linux distributions):

        elvandar:/dev# cd /dev
        elvandar:/dev# ./MAKEDEV loop

Also refer to "man MAKEDEV".