Re: Ceph orch doesn't execute commands and doesn't report correct status of daemons

Okay, it seems like from what you're saying the RGW image itself isn't
special compared to the other ceph daemons, it's just that you want to use
the image on your local registry. In that case, I would still recommend
just using `ceph orch upgrade start --image <image-name>` with the image
from your local registry. It will transition all the ceph daemons rather
than just RGW to that image, but that's generally how cephadm expects
things to be anyway. Assuming that registry is reachable from all the nodes
on the cluster, the upgrade should be able to do it. Side note, but I have
seen some people in the past have issues with cephadm's use of repo digests
when using local registries, so if you're having issues you may want to try
setting the mgr/cephadm/use_repo_digest option to false. Just keep in mind
that means if you want to upgrade to another image, you'd have to make sure
it has a different name (usage of repo digest was added in to support
floating tags).