Re: Ceph Octopus RGW - files vanished from rados while still in bucket index

Hi Boris,

I’m a little confused. The pastebin seems to show that you can stat "ff7a8b0c-07e6-463a-861b-78f0adeba8ad.81095307.17600__multipart_available_file1.pdf.2~ve8VhAEvaRSzAPfacz9rI-aLMpLY_Yw.1”, but I thought it was missing. Can you clarify?

The bug has been in RGW for a quite a while, well before octopus. It involves a race condition with a very narrow window, so normally only encountered in large, busy clusters.

Also, I think it’s up to the s3 client whether to use multipart upload. Do you know which s3 client the user was using?

Eric
(he/him)