Re: Ceph Octopus RGW - files vanished from rados while still in bucket index

Hi Eric,
oh, the pastebin shows how an available file looks (very small file which
got uploaded as multipart).
The unavailable file has the "_multipart" rados object missing, everything
else is very close. I could have phrased that better.

The customer now checked all their files and they are missing only three
files. They've got backups and they are checking if the files are in the
backup.

Around the creation date of these missing files, we had problems with two
OSDs which were marked down multiple times, got killed and restarted by
systemd.
Can this factor in the problem?
We have a lot of OSD restarts, which is explained here:
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/54434 (we are now in the process of adding
more and larger SSDs for the block.db devices).

I am still not sure how these files could go missing. And when they exist
in the backup, and their logs don't show any deletes of said files I am
even more clueless.

Thank you for your time and your reply.

Cheers
 Boris