Re: Automatic OSD creation / Floating IP for ceph dashboard

Hey all,

For more that I'm enjoying this discussion, it's completely out of my
original question:

************

How to stop the automatic OSD creation from Ceph orchestrator?

************

The problem happens because using cinderlib, ovirt uses krbd (not librbd)
and because of this, the kernel ( and Ceph orch) sees the disk. If there's
no partition, Ceph tries to add it as an OSD, but fails,  leaving the
cluster in WARN state.

The solution state in the manual doesn't work:

# ceph orch apply osd --all-available-devices --unmanaged=true

Besides this issue, Cinderlib is working pretty decent:
- Disk creation/expansion works
- live machine migration works
- snapshot works

Of course there are missing items, like:

- live storage migration
- disk moving from/to image storage domains (only copy works)
- statistics from the pool ( like used/available space)

But in general, it's production ready.

/Ricardo