Re: Automatic OSD creation / Floating IP for ceph dashboard

Is there at least a way to blacklist certain devices, so ceph won't try to
add them ?

Or should I completely disable ceph orch to stop it trying to add new
devices all the time?

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 9:59 AM Ricardo Alonso <ricardoalonsos@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> For more that I'm enjoying this discussion, it's completely out of my
> original question:
>
> ************
>
> How to stop the automatic OSD creation from Ceph orchestrator?
>

> ************
>
> The problem happens because using cinderlib, ovirt uses krbd (not librbd)
> and because of this, the kernel ( and Ceph orch) sees the disk. If there's
> no partition, Ceph tries to add it as an OSD, but fails,  leaving the
> cluster in WARN state.
>
> The solution state in the manual doesn't work:
>
> # ceph orch apply osd --all-available-devices --unmanaged=true
>

> Besides this issue, Cinderlib is working pretty decent:
> - Disk creation/expansion works
> - live machine migration works
> - snapshot works
>
> Of course there are missing items, like:
>
> - live storage migration
> - disk moving from/to image storage domains (only copy works)
> - statistics from the pool ( like used/available space)
>
> But in general, it's production ready.
>

> /Ricardo
>
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2022, 09:37 Konstantin Shalygin, <k0ste@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 31 Jan 2022, at 11:38, Marc <Marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> This is incorrect. I am using live migration with Nautilus and stock
>> kernel on CentOS7
>>

>> Mark, I think that you are confusing live migration of virtual machines
>> [1] and live migration of RBD images [2] inside the cluster (between pools,
>> for example) when the client is running
>>

>> [1] https://libvirt.org/migration.html
>> [2]
>> https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/rbd/rbd-live-migration/#image-live-migration