Re: advise to Ceph upgrade from mimic to ***

Hi Iban,

El 31/1/22 a las 10:48, Iban Cabrillo escribió:
Dear Cephers,
We are planning the upgrade of out Ceph cluster, version Mimic 13.2.10. (3Mons, 3MGRs, 181OSD, 2MSDs, 2 RGW)
Cluster is healthy and all the pools are running size 3 min_size 2.
This is an old cluster implementation that has been upgraded from firefly (There are still a clouple OSDs under filestore about 8 small OSD).
Then I have a couple of questions:
- Can we update directly from mimic to Octopus or should bw step by step ?

- Can we maintain the filestore OSDs or is better to delete migrate this OSDs?

- MIgration order is MONs/MGRs, OSDs, MDS, RGW?

- Can be the OSDs up during the migration? Should be all of them restarted at the same time?

I suggest you first check upgrade notes:

For Nautilus:
https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/releases/nautilus/#upgrading-from-mimic-or-luminous

For Octopus:
https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/releases/octopus/#upgrading-from-mimic-or-nautilus

For Pacific: (not supported upgrading directly from Mimic)
https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/releases/pacific/#upgrading-from-octopus-or-nautilus

Seems, you can upgrade first to Nautilus, then you can choose to upgrade to Octopus or Pacific from there.

Cheers

Eneko Lacunza
Zuzendari teknikoa | Director técnico
Binovo IT Human Project

Tel. +34 943 569 206 |https://www.binovo.es
Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun

https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO
https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/