Re: limited disk slots - should I ran OS on SD card ?

Hi,

We used a PXE boot with NFS server, but had some issues if NFS server
crapped out and dropped connections or needed a reboot for
maintenance. If I remember it correctly it sometimes took out some of
the rebooted servers. So we switched to PXE with livecd based images.
You basically create a livecd image, then boot it with specially
prepared initramfs image and it uses a copy on write disk for basic
storage. With mimic osd's are started automatically, just need to feed
some basic settings for that server.