Re: limited disk slots - should I ran OS on SD card ?

Hi,

> Am 15.08.2018 um 15:11 schrieb Steven Vacaroaia <stef97@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Thank you all
>
> Since all concerns were about reliability I am assuming  performance impact of having OS running on SD card is minimal / negligible

some time ago we had a some Cisco Blades booting VMware esxi from SD cards and hat no issue for month …till after an update the blade was rebooted and the SD failed …and then an other on an other server … From my POV at that time the „server" SDs where not close as reliable as SSDs or rotating disks. My experiences from some years ago.

> In other words, an OSD server is not writing/reading from Linux OS partitions too much ( especially with logs at minimum )
> so its performance is not dependent on what type of disk  OS resides  on

Regarding performance: What kind of SDs are supported? You can get some "SDXCTM | UHS-II | U3 | Class 10 | V90“ which can handle up to 260 MBytes/sec; like „Angelbird Matchpack EVA1“ ok they are Panasonic 4K Camera certified (and we use them currently to record 4K video)

https://www.angelbird.com/prod/match-pack-for-panasonic-eva1-1836/

My2cents . Götz