limited disk slots - should I ran OS on SD card ?

Hi,

I am in the process of deploying CEPPH mimic on a few DELL R620/630 servers
These servers have only 8 disk slots and the larger disk they accept is 2 TB

Should I share a SSD drive between OS and WAL/DB or ran OS on internal SD cards and dedicated SSD to DB/WAL only ?

Another option is to use NVME ( can still get  DC P3700) but not sure if DELL R620 allows booting from it

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I am still waiting for budget approval to buy disks
In my small test environment  I did not notice any performance hit when OS was on SD card

Many thanks
Steven