Re: RBD I/O errors with QEMU [luminous upgrade/osd change]

When the exclusive-lock feature is used, any and all Ceph users used
for RBD purposes should be double-checked to ensure that they have
permission to blacklist clients. This would effect both librbd and
krbd, but only after a non-clean shutdown where the image is left in a
locked state by a dead client.

Prior to upgrading the monitors to the Luminous release, verify that
your RBD users have at least the following cap:

$ ceph auth get client.<RBD ID> 2>&1 | grep mon
caps mon = "allow r, allow command "osd blacklist""

Post upgrade to the Luminous release, you can future-proof your RBD
caps by updating to the following:

$ ceph auth get client.rbd_read_write
exported keyring for client.test
[client.rbd_read_write]
    key = AQCyzbdZ13EVARAAt7EpNOt4C911Q3CEtBiCyw==
    caps mon = "profile rbd"
    caps osd = "profile rbd pool=xyz"

$ ceph auth get client.rbd_read_only
exported keyring for client.test
[client.rbd_read_only]
    key = AQCyzbdZ13EVARAAt7EpNOt4C911Q3CEtBiCyw==
    caps mon = "profile rbd"
    caps osd = "profile rbd-read-only"

[1] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/user-management/#authorization-capabilities

--