Re: RBD I/O errors with QEMU [luminous upgrade/osd change]

Great to see this issue sorted.

I have to say I am quite surprised anyone would implement the
export/import workaround mentioned here without *first* racing to this
ML or IRC and crying out for help. This is a valuable resource, made
more so by people sharing issues.

Cheers,

On 12 September 2017 at 07:22, Jason Dillaman <jdillama@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes -- the upgrade documentation definitely needs to be updated to add
> a pre-monitor upgrade step to verify your caps before proceeding -- I
> will take care of that under this ticket [1]. I believe the OpenStack
> documentation has been updated [2], but let me know if you find other
> places.
>
> [1] http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/21353
> [2] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/rbd-openstack/#setup-ceph-client-authentication
>
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 5:16 PM, Nico Schottelius
> <nico.schottelius@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> That indeed worked! Thanks a lot!
>>
>> The remaining question from my side: did we do anything wrong in the
>> upgrade process and if not, should it be documented somewhere how to
>> setup the permissions correctly on upgrade?
>>
>> Or should the documentation on the side of the cloud infrastructure
>> software be updated?
>>

>> Jason Dillaman <jdillama@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> Since you have already upgraded to Luminous, the fastest and probably
>>> easiest way to fix this is to run "ceph auth caps client.libvirt mon
>>> 'profile rbd' osd 'profile rbd pool=one'" [1]. Luminous provides
>>> simplified RBD caps via named profiles which ensure all the correct
>>> permissions are enabled.
>>>
>>> [1] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/user-management/#authorization-capabilities
>>
>> --
>> Modern, affordable, Swiss Virtual Machines. Visit www.datacenterlight.ch