Re: low power single disk nodes

Hi ,

Question is what do you want to use it for . As an OSD it wont cut it.
Maybe as an iscsi target and YMMV

I played around with an OEM product from Taiwan ... I dont remember the name.

They had an  Armada XP arm soc and a SATA port + 2 ethernet. Pretty niffty.
Downside were:
-  1GB RAM .
- OS was using a custom ubuntu
- Ceph had to be compiled and deployed.
-  if you put steady  i/o  and/or Cpu load for 15 - 20 min . the hardware will just pause.
Causing ceph to crash

hth