Ceph with VMWare / XenServer

Le 12/05/2014 15:45, Uwe Grohnwaldt a ?crit :
> Hi,
>
> yes, we use it in production. I can stop/kill the tgt on one server and XenServer goes to the second one. We enabled multipathing in xenserver. In our setup we haven't multiple ip-ranges so we scan/login the second target on xenserverstartup with iscsiadm in rc.local.
>
> Thats based on history - we used Dell Equallogic before ceph came in and there was no need to use multipathing (only LACP-channels). No we enabled multipathing and use tgt, but without diffent ip-ranges.

So you use multipathing in failover mode, that's certainly why it works
without state sharing between the tgtd servers.
Still, I think you need to deactivate all sort of caching server side.
IO must be committed to ceph when the iSCSI initiator think it is.

What are the multipath parameters in XenServer (timeout, retry...) ?