Re: redmine: Adding custom URL field to capture pull request URLs?

Yes, absolutely! And the backports for the original issue should be
blocked by the fix for the follow-up issue. This should be strictly
managed by the PTL for the respective project.

Thanks, Patrick.

I'm 100% against having multiple PRs in a single issue. It just makes
things more confusing. It's lazy software engineering and we shouldn't
enable it.

I agree 1000% with Patrick and Lenz that there should be a 1:1 relationship between tracker issues and PRs (including in the backport tracker). Cases where master issues are reopened and follow-up PRs tacked on have been a bane of the backporters' existence for a long time.

Once this 1:1 relationship is enforced for master issues, the related backport issues will automatically fall into line.

Nathan