Re: redmine: Adding custom URL field to capture pull request URLs?

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 6:01 AM Lenz Grimmer <lgrimmer@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/15/18 6:40 AM, Gregory Farnum wrote:
>
> > I think part of the problem domain here isn't just bugs that
> > deliberately take up multiple PRs, but bugs where the first fix is
> > incorrect or incomplete and needs to be amended by a later patch.
>
> Well, but that would deserve getting tracked in a separate issue
> (flagged as "regression" and referring to the original issue), wouldn't it?

Yes, absolutely! And the backports for the original issue should be
blocked by the fix for the follow-up issue. This should be strictly
managed by the PTL for the respective project.

I'm 100% against having multiple PRs in a single issue. It just makes
things more confusing. It's lazy software engineering and we shouldn't
enable it.

Thanks Lenz for taking the initiative to add this.

--
Patrick Donnelly