Re: [sepia] how to use teuthology-suite in the new world

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016, John Spray wrote:
> On 15 Dec 2016 16:12, "Jason Dillaman" <jdillama@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>       The issue is that this is an example of a workunit pulling
>       support
>       files. You are suggesting that the workunit task now support
>       listing
>       dependent scripts that the teuthology worker task should also
>       download
>       and copy over to the test host? If so, it would definitely need
>       to be
>       done in such a way that we can still run these workunits locally
>       (outside of teuthology).
>

> Ah, I see what you mean.
>
> In this particular case the ultimate solution is perhaps to skip the
> indirection of having a workunit that downloads and runs a test script, and
> instead have a teuthology task that just executes the test explicitly (skip
> the bash part)
>
> However I haven't checked exactly how many tests might need reworking that
> way so if its a lot then we might need a CEPH_REPO var into work units to go
> with the CEPH_REF

This category of tests are fixed by
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/12511.  The workunit task already does a
git checkout.  The fix is to run the workunits directly out of the
checkout directory, and to fix the tests to use relative paths.

CEPH_BASE is also set to the base dir of the checkout, in case that's
useful.

I'm not sure we need CEPH_REPO since the checkout is already there..

If there are other tests that are still broken, let me know!
sage