Re: [sepia] how to use teuthology-suite in the new world

Correct me if I am wrong, but since we are just installing RPMs, I
wouldn't expect the full source tree to be available on the test host.
The test scripts would still need to pull the correct scripts from
git. Preferably, it would be nice if we can get a new environment
variable that includes the full git url with the branch/sha1 already
embedded. That would allow testing any script changes on teuthology
w/o forcing a push to ceph-ci and creating an unnecessary build.

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 10:46 AM, John Spray <jspray@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Mykola Golub <trociny@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 04:51:44PM +0200, Mikolaj Golub wrote:
>>> Hi, Sage,
>>>
>>> It looks like we still need to push testing branches to ceph.git for
>>> things like below?
>>>
>>> qa/workunits/rbd/test_librbd_python.sh:
>>>
>>> wget -O test_rbd.py "https://git.ceph.com/?p=ceph.git;a=blob_plain;hb=$CEPH_REF;f=src/test/pybind/test_rbd.py"; || \
>>>     wget -O test_rbd.py "https://git.ceph.com/?p=ceph.git;a=blob_plain;hb=ref/heads/$CEPH_REF;f=src/test/pybind/test_rbd.py";
>>>
>>> Do we have some env variable (CEPH_REPO?) we could use simirlaly to
>>> CEPH_REF here?
>>
>> Or rather may be now we can avoid such hacks at all?
>
> Exactly - as you notice bits like that, let's convert them to just
> read their files locally instead of trying to fetch them from git.  I
> guess the workunit task will be the major one here, if nobody already
> adjusted it.
>
> John
>
>> --
>> Mykola Golub