Re: Firefox 3

Karanbir Singh wrote:
William L. Maltby wrote:
On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 11:31 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
<snip>
P.S. It's the xulrunner @ 57MB that looks like the killer. FF is only
11MB. Looks like things have sped up. 10MB done already in 11 minutes.

I'll keep an eye on it.

There is an early build for ff3 at : http://dev.centos.org/~z00dax/misc/
I was going to build and maintain it for centosplus, but since upstream
are looking at adding it into the main distro, I wont need to do that.

One thing worth noting about this rpm on my dev.centos.org site - it
wont hanck or interfere with anything else on the machine, it sets up a
parallel firefox3 entry, and runs parallel to the firefox already
included in the distro ( so you can have both installed )

I am using this one on my main workstation ... it seems to work fine. I would not use in on dozens of machines in a production environments though as the beta's are NOT getting security updates, etc.