Re: How will fragmentation help Red Hat

On 2023-07-13 09:00, Tom Bishop wrote:
as
referenced by one of the many RH articles, we are all just freeloaders
so we shouldn't be missed.

I don't believe there are any Red Hat articles that call user freeloaders.

I'm aware of one personal blog, not on the redhat.com site, in which the term "freeloader" is discussed as a term sometimes used informally by staff to describe large businesses that run production networks on a self-supported distribution, but issues that affect that production network are reported through a small number of support subscriptions.  That's a very narrow use, and it's specifically organizations who abuse the support that Red Hat sells, by proxying production issues through RHEL systems.

And it's the behavior of individuals, not the position of the company.