2nd reply Re: [Centos] Yum problem CentOS 3.3?

On Friday 25 March 2005 11:58 am, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Simple off-the-shelve mirroring can be done with Yam. It includes
> many examples, uses rsync to keep a local mirror in sync, can use ISO
> images and can create the repositories.
>
> 	http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/yam/

I was going to ask this question about Yam on the Yam list but then I
noticed it was a new list (with perhaps only a few members) and only
one post.

So, prehaps incorrectly, I felt this would be a better place to post; at
least this question...

I like what I see.

I've looked at the sample configuration files, but since my only
experience with yum is using it as it comes, and I have no experience
with Yam at all, I'm not sure what configuration I'd need.

If my yum configuration on each server were to have:

<snip>
baseurl=ftp://centos.cs.ucr.edu/centos/centos-3/$releasever/os/$basearch/
        http://mirror.centos.org/centos-3/$releasever/os/$basearch/
<snip>

And instead I wanted to run Yam on one system, what would I use in my
yam.conf file to update my local repository from the same sources?

Let's just use the rhes3 section from your sample file (and allowing for
the automatic line-wrapping which occurs below):

<snip>
[rhes3]
name = Red Hat Enterprise Server $release U3 ($arch)
release = 3
iso = rhel-$release-U3-$arch-es-disc?.iso
updates = file:///var/spool/up2date/
dag =
rsync://apt.sw.be/pub/freshrpms/pub/dag/redhat/el$release/en/$arch/RPMS.$repo/
</snip>

What do I need, and what can I skip?

We're NOT doing network installs; but we'll want to keep all released
updates in sync.

Thanks for your help; it's much appreciated.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation