[Centos] Yum problem CentOS 3.3?

On Friday 25 March 2005 11:58 am, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Simple off-the-shelve mirroring can be done with Yam. It includes
> many examples, uses rsync to keep a local mirror in sync, can use ISO
> images and can create the repositories.
>
> 	http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/yam/

Thanks; I'll look at it.

> In an enterprise environment I would recommend having your own
> repository staging and final repository and move packages manually
> from third party to your staging area and later to the final repo.

I see this as overkill, since our current system, which we're happy
with, is to run yum every night and update everything for which an
update has been made officially available.

Or have I just been living dangerously?

Almost all the webhosting stuff on these servers is compiled from
source, as critical fixes become available.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation