[Centos] Yum problem CentOS 3.3?

I'm still using CentOS 3.3 as our install mechanism, then adding some
packages from a tarball of RPMs we need.

Then I run

# yum update yum

which sometimes takes a while.

Yesterday it took many hours.  I like to run these from behind a
firewall in our office before taking the server to the datacenter, but
the delay meant a whole day's delay in our trip to the datacenter
<frown>.

This is our baseurl line for each section; it's the default:

baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos-3/$releasever/os/$basearch/

Should I be adding additional lines?

If so, where do I find the list?

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation