[Centos] CentOS does not see raid array

Michael Weisman wrote:

>Thanks for your comments, I supect that you are quite right about the card.
>I do remember the Mylex card, too.

Those things were bulletproof.  Unfortunately, the maintainer of the
driver passed away some time ago.  I'm not sure who's in charge of
maintaining it these days.

>I was not aware that this card was not well supported. I'll have to use a
>different card when the time comes. This machine is a internal system,
>though, noy our main production server.

Yeah, I don't think I'd use it for anything even remotely important with
those comments on Adaptec's own site.

>As afr as the SATA, etc, I just finished living a nightmare with adaptec and
>3ware SATA raid, which is why I went back to SCSI. It's tried and true, and
>(until now) has never let me down, in a production environment.

I suspect you may have some other hardware problem that's unrelated to
the 3ware card (unless it was a defective card).  I have beaten the crap
out of these in production systems with multi-terabyte arrays with nary
a problem.

Best regards,

Chris