[Centos] CentOS does not see raid array

Michael Weisman wrote:

>I am new to CentOS, so please bare with me...
>
>Trying to install on a new SuperMicro Dual Xeon with Adaptec 2010S raid SCSI
>card with 5 x Hitachi 73GB 10K RPM drives.
>
>I tell the disk druid to auto partition and get an error that there is no
>place to install to.
>
>I just downloaded the CentOS 4.0 iso's yesterday.
>
>Any suggestions?

I could be mistaken, but I don't think that controller is very well
supported.  Adaptec's site shows drivers for RH9 and Suse 8, but it also
says "*minimally tested*".  Probably not the ringing endorsement I'd
want for a RAID controller on a production box.

Back in the day (Tm), the Mylex and DPT (which is now also part of
Adaptec) cards seemed to enjoy better Linux support than Adaptec cards.
But given the bang for the buck with SATA drives and the 3ware cards, I
haven't entertained a SCSI RAID card for sometime.  So perhaps my
information is a bit out of date.

Good luck!

Cheers,