[Centos] Getting burned ISO's to pass mediacheck.

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:22:40 -0500, Lamar Owen <lowen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thursday 03 March 2005 10:53, William Warren wrote:
> > hrmm.  I have burned several sets of CentOS 3 and 4 cd's and
> > DVD's without issue under win2k sp4 using nero 5.x. with a nec
> > burner single layer 4x dvd burner flashed to an 8x dual layer dvd
> > burner.
>
> You got lucky, I believe.

I find all of this moderately ridiculous.

I've burned ISO's for 6-8 years on a variety of computers, linux, and
windows systems at various recording speeds without using the -pad
value recommended here, and I've never yet burned an ISO that turned
out to be unusable with the possible exception of bad media.

As someone reported later in this thread, this probably has more to do
with certain flaky CD hardware and IDE chips than with any real
requirement. I would love to read a discussion of this problem by CD
writing gurus.

If someone is having a problem with CentOS ISO's, perhaps this is
worth a try, but to state this as a universal truth seems to be beyond
the mark.

--
 Collins