[Centos] Getting burned ISO's to pass mediacheck.

> I find all of this moderately ridiculous.
>
> I've burned ISO's for 6-8 years on a variety of computers, linux, and
> windows systems at various recording speeds without using the -pad
> value recommended here, and I've never yet burned an ISO that turned
> out to be unusable with the possible exception of bad media.
>
> As someone reported later in this thread, this probably has more to do
> with certain flaky CD hardware and IDE chips than with any real
> requirement. I would love to read a discussion of this problem by CD
> writing gurus.
>
> If someone is having a problem with CentOS ISO's, perhaps this is
> worth a try, but to state this as a universal truth seems to be beyond
> the mark.

ok, liteon cd/dvd burner 832S (8xR-/R+ with dual layer support), rather
new fails to burn any CD image with size not % 32KB, so it needs 15
sectors (2KB) worth of padding to work - screwed up on CentOS4 CD1 and got
a bad cd (didn't actually try media check, but cmp -l /dev/cdrom
centos4-i386-cd1.iso ended with /dev/cdrom: IO Error)

I don't think my lite-on 48248S has this problem, so yes, it is burner
related - but - it is common.

Cheers,
MaZe.