Re: Orca not speaking on new Debian install.

On 1/4/23 12:47, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
Not sure how I can check if at-spi and orca are running as, in
addition to not getting speech in the GUI, I'm also apparently locked
from switching to a tty that's at the console, which is also an issue
since the work flow I'm used to is using tty switching to do web stuff
in the GUI and everything else in the console, though I thought the
inability to switch ttys was rather irrelevant if I'm not getting
speech in the GUI to begin with, though I suppose it is more relevant
than initially thought since I hadn't considered trying to diagnose
the running xsession from the console...

You'll need to solve that problem in any case.

To diagnose, your best option under the circumstances is probably an ssh session from another machine.