Re: Orca not speaking on new Debian install.

> On Mar 31, 2023, at 16:26, Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I tried running the script I've previously used for launching a stand
> alone GUI application with Orca, using Firefox-ESR 102 to test.
> Firefox starts as it creates a new Firefox profile in my home
> directory and issuing a close window keyboard command spits me back to
> the console, but if orca starts, it doesn't talk.
Have you tested whether Speech-Dispatcher is working (e.g., with the Spd-say command)?
Is at-spi running? Look for at-spi2-registryd with prep?
You should also check whether Orca is running.
These investigations should narrow down the problem. There’s nothing in the error messages you posted to suggest to me they are more than warnings or that they are Orca-related.